"We believe that our school is a central part of the community and should provide opportunities for all community members. Academic and extracurricular activites provide for student opportunities that can be enhanced with community support and participation."
Committee Members: Rachel DeGroat and Mark Richards
- To encourage community members to participate in volunteer activities.
Objectives: a) PTSA; b)Jaguar Jamboree/Winter Carnival; c) Survey Post Graduates
- Support communication between parents, staff, and students.
a. To have all 7-12 teachers using Blackboard prior to Sept. 2014. Prepare and hold workships to help parents learn how to use Blackboard.
b. 1. To continue to provide training for teachers and staff in School Tools to allow a better understanding of the program.
2. In the year 2012-2013 explore the possibility for parents to go on-line at home to review their child's information.
- To hold a meeting once a month for teacher presentations/committee meetings/reports ie:Presentation of NHS Rubric, French, Music Dept., Pre-K, Technology, PTSA, Dean of Students.
- Support activities involving other town organizations.
- Create positive connections with the community.
a. Creation of a "Wall of Fame"
b. Pictures of students and teams
c. Alumni Activities
d. Create a Volunteer List
e. Provide Adult Classes (Look at how the DLL may be used)
f. Create evening workshops for parents dealing with Internet safety and social media concerns
g. Provide a Walking Area both inside and outside the school. Possibility of adding fitness centers to the trail outside, and/or hooking it up with the Carol Thomas trail. (We might be able to have the National Honor Society or the Earth Club volunteer one day a year to help maintain the Carol Thomas trail or have students create wooden signs for the trails in shop class.)
- More school-wide activities. ie: Principal's/Community Picnic, Dances, Pep Rallies, etc.
School Contact Person: Mike Markwica